When & Where you will practice: You will start TBD and practices will be Mon/Wed from 6:30-8:00pm. SCHEDULE & TEAMS BELOW
For the season, your child will need:
- A good pair of running shoes or cleats. (Cleats at this age are not mandatory so running shoes are just fine. NO crocks, sandals, or slip-ons please as these are safety hazards when playing.)
- A ball glove that fits an 11-inch ball.
- Helmet with Face Mask. (mandatory). Dougs sports have these available.
- A water bottle.
- LMSA T-Shirt will be provided to you.
- Wear athletic clothing, ball or athletic pants or anything that is not restrictive; no jeans please, shorts are ok but sometimes it gets colder in the evening. Also, long hair should be tied back so that vision will not be restricted, and your child can concentrate on playing.
- Please ensure that your child always brings a jacket, and dresses in layers especially for the first month or so until it really warms up. Being cold puts a damper on the child's experience and it is easier to remove a jacket then wish you had one.
Rain outs or cold weather will be determined by either the city or the coaches. If there is a cancellation, then we will send an e-mail and post on Facebook and our website to inform you of the cancellation. The city determines whether we can play on the diamond and the Rain out Hotline 403-320-4974 is updated at 2pm every day. If the weather is bad in the afternoon and the city has cancelled play but then it gets nice in the evening, we are unable to go on the field still. BUT if the weather is nice in the afternoon and then it gets bad in the evening the coaches make the decision to cancel or not. Because this happens more then we like it is important that you check your email or Facebook on those â€œweather daysâ€ to ensure you get the right information.