|TBD||U16 Division Director|
When & Where you will practice: You will start Apr 27th and practices will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30-8:00pm. Practices will be at Miners Field located at 1901 - 15th Avenue North.
For the season, your child will need:
- Cleats or Running Shoes. (Cleats recommended at this age but are not mandatory. NO crocks, sandals, or slip-onâ€™s please as these are safety hazards when playing.)
- A ball glove that fits a 12-inch ball.
- Helmet with Face Mask. (mandatory). Dougâ€™s sports have these available.
- A water bottle.
- Shirts have been ordered and you should get them within a couple weeks.
- Wear Ball pants or athletic pants, no jeans please. Also, long hair should be tied back so that vision will not be restricted.
- Please ensure that your child always brings a jacket, and dresses in layers especially for the first month or so until it really warms up. Being cold puts a damper on the players experience and it is easier to remove a jacket then wish you had one.
Rain outs or cold weather will be determined by either the city or the coaches. If there is a cancellation, then we will send an e-mail and post on Facebook and our website to inform you of the cancellation. The city determines whether we can play on the diamond and the Rain out Hotline 403-320-4974 is updated at 2pm every day. If the weather is bad in the afternoon and the city has cancelled play but then it gets nice in the evening, we are unable to go on the field still. BUT if the weather is nice in the afternoon and then it gets bad in the evening the coaches make the decision to cancel or not. Because this happens more then we like it is important that you check your email or Facebook on those â€œweather daysâ€ to ensure you get the right information.