Coaches Code of Conduct
If players are to grow and develop in their sport or physical activity, and environment of positive communication and respect must exist. Coaches should observe the following Code of Conduct.
- I will remember that all the players are playing for their enjoyment, not for mine.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of a personal desire or external pressure to win.
- I will do my best to provide a safe playing environment for all players.
- I will not have unrealistic expectations. I will remember that the amateur athletes are not professionals and cannot be judged by professional standards.
- I will respect the officials decisions and communicate with them in an appropriate manner and I will encourage my players to do the same.
- I will encourage all players to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will teach my players good sportsmanship.
- I will never ridicule or yell at the players, coaches or officials for making a mistake.
- I will applaud good players performances on both teams.
- I will never question the officials judgment or honesty in public.
- I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
- I will not consume alcohol or smoke on, or near the vicinity of the players benches.
- I will not use bad language, nor will I harass athletes, coaches, officials or other spectators.
- I will be knowledgeable of the league rules and regulations and teach these rules to the players on my team.
- I will encourage my players to respect the rights of other players, coaches, fans & officials.
- I will be responsible for my own behavior and also the behavior of my team members, their parents & fans.
- I will have respect for all the facilities and equipment used in the sport.